In 1935 German manufacturer Borsig had delivered 4-6-4 steam locos 05 001 and 002 for Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft DRG for fast passenger service. 05 003 had been delivered in 1937 with cab forward design. After WW II DB rebuilt the locos without streamline body and used them till 1958.
Bavarian Railway Ludwigs-Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft bought famous „Adler“ steam locomotive at British manufacturer Robert Louis Stephenson. The loco with its single-axle drive delivered 41 HP and reached a maximum speed of 65 km/h.
The BR 65 had been a completely new design of DB in 1951. The two cylinder loco had a maximum speed of 85 km/h and showed an excellent acceleration and tractive power. The BR 65 had been used for passenger trains in rolling country.
Bavarian fast train four-cylinder steam locomotive S 3/6 was produce in 15 series between 1908 and 1931. The locos developed 1770 HP and reached a maximum speed of 120 km/h. The locos were famous for pulling international luxury trains like “Rheingold” or “Wien-Oostende-Express”.
The DB Class 82 was a goods train tank locomotive with the Deutsche Bundesbahn in Germany, that was built in the period after the Second World War and was intended for shunting and normal rail services. The engines were predominantly employed in the marshalling yards at Bremen and Hamm as well as on the harbour lines of Emden and Hamburg. The 82s could also be seen on normal railway duties on the steep inclines of the Westerwald and in the Black Forest on the Murg Valley Railway.
For famous Henschel-Wegmann-Zug German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG developed three-cylinder steam tank locomotive 61 002 in 1939. The high-speed loco developed 1450 HP and reached a maximum speed of 175 km/h. After WW II SR used the loco till 1958. In 1960 parts of the loco was used to design high-speed loco 18 201.
In 1959 German DR equipped 16 samples of three-cylinder steam loco 03.10 with new boilers similar to classes 22 and 41. The so-called Reko-03.10 developed 2350 HP and reached a maximum speed of 140 km/h. After receiving oil firing equipment the performance improved again, so the Reko 03.10 stayed in service till 1980. British railfans nick-named museum loco 03 1010 the “roaring monster”.
In 1959 German Deutsche Reichsbahn of GDR re-designed 1st of 208 samples of 2-10-0 two-cylinder steam loco BR 50. The Reko-50.35 loco developed 1760 HP and reached a maximum speed of 80 km/h. 50 samples were equipped with oil firing. With its axle load of just 15,4 tons the locos were used even on branch lines with light weight rails. In 1988 last remaining 50.35 went out of service.==> (oil burner instead coal shoveling sound selectable via CV48 = value 1) <==
Prussian T16.1 had been one of the most important steam locomotives for short freight and heavy switching duty. The two cylinder loco delivered 1070 HP and reached a maximum speed of 60 km/h. Some locos received a Riggenbach-brake for the use on very steep grades.
Two cylinder steam locomotive BR 52 had been developed out of the BR 50 during WWII. With the maximum axle weight of only 15.4 tons and a maximum speed of 80 km/h the 52 had been used for freight and passenger service. After WWII few locos had remained at DB. At DR (GDR State Railway) and many other European state railways the locos stayed in service often till the 1980s.