Prussian T16.1 had been one of the most important steam locomotives for short freight and heavy switching duty. The two cylinder loco delivered 1070 HP and reached a maximum speed of 60 km/h. Some locos received a Riggenbach-brake for the use on very steep grades.
Prussian T16.1 had been one of the most important steam locomotives for short freight and heavy switching duty. The two cylinder loco delivered 1070 HP and reached a maximum speed of 60 km/h.
In 1905 Swiss State Railway SBB ordered 69 samples of Two-cylinder steam locomotive B3/4 for medium mainline service. The locos delivered 990 HP and reached a maximum speed of 75 km/h. In 1964 #1367 was preserved by SBB as the last remaining loco of its kind. In 1945 Dutch State Railways NS purchased five locos of SBB.
Steam locomotive class Hh of the Royal Württembergian State Railroad, Type 0-10-0
The main load of freight traffic of the Königlich Württembergische Staats-Eisenbahnen (K.W.St.E.) was carried by the three-coupled class F and Fc freight locomotives. There were only a few five-coupled class G Klose locomotives which were used particularly for steep inclinations.
The increase in freight traffic meant that freight trains had to be coupled more frequently to two locomotives. This however was very more…
Derived from the small locos with eight coupled wheels and compound drive („Verbundtriebwerk“) developed by Karl Gölsdorf for the Schneeberg railway in 1898, 211 machines of the 178 series were built until 1924. All locos were equipped with the typical funnel called „Kobelschornstein“, but differed slightly in weight because of differently large storage tanks.
The Prussian P8 locos probably is the best known German steam loco ever. At nearly any German territory P8 (later BR 38.10-40) locos had been used often for more than 50 years. The dependable two cylinder locos delivered 1180 HP and reached a maximum speed of 100 km/h. After WW II 1200 locos stayed at DB, another 700 at DR. P8 also had been used in Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Austria, Poland, Rumania, Czechoslovakia and Turkeye.