Since nearly 50 years Swiss narrow gauged Rhaetian Railway (RhB) uses their four axle electric railcars ABe 4/4 II. Four traction motors deliver 940 HP and enables the railcars to reach a maximum speed of 65 km/h. Four of the nine cars are still in use, two of them can be seen daily with nearly any kind of train.
In 2012 swiss Rhetian Railway RhB re-designed two of their electric railcars ABe 4/4 II for service railcars with repair shop interior. The two cars were re-numbered for Xe 232 01 and Xe 272 01. The four motor units reach a maximum speed of 65 km/h.
In the early 1900s narrow gauge railway RhB of Switzerland needed stronger locos. Swiss locomotive manufacturer SLM Winterthur built 29 samples of 2-4-0 locos G 4/5. The locos deliver 800 HP and reach a maximum speed of 45 km/h. After electrification of the whole rail net RhB sold or scrapped the locos except for two samples that rest in Switzerland for snow clearance duty or for railfan trains.
For traction of trains for construction areas Swiss Rhetian Railway (RhB) ordered two diesel electric Gmf 4/4 242 and 243 at German manufacturer Kaelble-Gmeinder. The four axle locos are driven by a Caterpillar 12 cylinder prime mover 3412 DI-TA and reach a maximum speed of 60 km/h.
In early 1950s young German Federal Railway (DB) introduced four axle two motor dieselhydraulic V200. The loco is powered by two 12 cylinder 1100 HP diesel made by Daimler-Benz, MAN or mostly a MD650 made by Maybach. For use in passenger service all locos received steam heating equipment by Hagenuk. With its maximum speed of 140 km/h the locos were used for multi purpose. After around 30 years DB discharged the locos. 13 locos went to Italian users, seven were sold to swiss SBB for traction of more…