In 1939 German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG received 1st of more than 3100 samples of 2-10-0 two-cylinder steam loco BR 50. The loco developed 1625 HP and reached a maximum speed of 80 km/h. With its axle load of just 15,2 tons the locos were used even on branch lines with light weight rails. Locos of DB quitted service in 1977, the DR locos were used for ten more years.
In 1912 Prussian State Railway ordered the first of 462 samples of the 4-6-4 saddle tank loco T18. The two-cylinder loco developed 1140 HP and reached a maximum speed of 100 km/h. The locos were used for passenger trains on main and branch lines and stayed in service until 1974.
Zu Beginn der 1950er-Jahre musste die junge Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB) ihre Lokomotivflotte erneuern. Neben Streckenloks kamen auch Rangierloks auf die Reißbretter. Für den leichten Rangierdienst gab es etwa 500 Exemplare der Kleinloks der Typen Kö/Köf. Die modernsten, speziell für den leichten und mittelschweren Verschiebedienst beschafften Einheits-Dampflok-Baureihen BR 80 und 81 waren nur in einer bescheidenen Stückzahl von zusammen 27 Exemplaren vorhanden. Den schweren Rangierdienst more…
Propeller rail car "Schienenzeppelin"; configurated for OLD VERSION oft he Schienenzeppelin please note: both motors controlled by one decoder (propeller via Aux 1 and 2 !); control of the seperate drive motor could be achieved by an extra LokPilot
The DB Class 82 was a goods train tank locomotive with the Deutsche Bundesbahn in Germany, that was built in the period after the Second World War and was intended for shunting and normal rail services. The engines were predominantly employed in the marshalling yards at Bremen and Hamm as well as on the harbour lines of Emden and Hamburg. The 82s could also be seen on normal railway duties on the steep inclines of the Westerwald and in the Black Forest on the Murg Valley Railway.
For famous Henschel-Wegmann-Zug German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG developed three-cylinder steam tank locomotive 61 002 in 1939. The high-speed loco developed 1450 HP and reached a maximum speed of 175 km/h. After WW II SR used the loco till 1958. In 1960 parts of the loco was used to design high-speed loco 18 201.
In 1959 German DR equipped 16 samples of three-cylinder steam loco 03.10 with new boilers similar to classes 22 and 41. The so-called Reko-03.10 developed 2350 HP and reached a maximum speed of 140 km/h. After receiving oil firing equipment the performance improved again, so the Reko 03.10 stayed in service till 1980. British railfans nick-named museum loco 03 1010 the “roaring monster”.