In the early 1900s narrow gauge railway RhB of Switzerland needed stronger locos. Swiss locomotive manufacturer SLM Winterthur built 29 samples of 2-4-0 locos G 4/5. The locos deliver 800 HP and reach a maximum speed of 45 km/h. After electrification of the whole rail net RhB sold or scrapped the locos except for two samples that rest in Switzerland for snow clearance duty or for railfan trains.
diesel electric locomotive of the czechoslovak state railways (ČSD). also suitable for the diesel electric locomotive of the Russian Railways (RZD).
The bavarian P 3/5 H had been developed 1921 for medium passenger service but also succeeded in fast train service. Maffei built 80 samples for the Gruppenverwaltung Bayern of the DRG. The 4 cyl loco reached a maximum speed of 90 km/h and could be seen also in front of the famous Orient Express on its way through Bavaria. Last samples of this success loco had been scrapped in 1955.
The two axle diesel railcar VT 2.09 (later 771/772) had been developed by Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR) of GDR. The 180 HP diesel motor 6VD 18/15 enabled the railcar to reach a maximum speed of 90 km/h. For transmission the railcar had a 6 speed manual gearing. Last of the cars nicknamed Ferkeltaxi or Blutblase quitted service in 2004. 22 cars had been sold to Rumania and Kuba. epoch selectable via CV48. epoche 3 (CV 48 = 0), Epoche 4 (CV48 = 1).
Two cylinder locos BR 62 had been developed by the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG) in the 1920s. With it’s good acceleration and a maximum speed of 100 km/h the tender locos had been used successfully in light fast train service in rolling country. The locos had been used in passenger service after WWII at DB and DR.
All 45 98.10 locomotives were recovered after 1945 by the Deutsche Bundesbahn, and continued to be used exclusively in their native Bavaria. Though the locomotives were initially indispensable, they were put out to pasture after the advent of the "Roter Brummer" rail bus, especially those used in passenger train service. Many of the locomotives were still used after this time, in freight service especially. DB did not make any more major changes or improvements; in the late more…
diesel electric locomotive Euro 4000 of the Vossloh company / info: the language of the station announcement is selectable via CV48 (0=portuguese, 1=german, 2=spanish, 3=french)
Between 1956 and 1962 Orenstein & Koppel (O&K) had built 22 two axle locos for switching service in industrial plants. The hydraulic driven locos have a 12 cylinder Diesel motor with 200 HP and reach a maximum speed of 30 km/h. Some locos had been sold to foreign users, bust some are still in service for their owner since more than 50 years.