German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG ordered 10 samples of four axle steam locomotive for shunting service in 1928. The two cylinder locos BR 81 developed 860 HP and reached a maximum speed of 45 km/h. In 1963 final loco quitted service at DB.
Zu Beginn der 1950er-Jahre musste die junge Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB) ihre Lokomotivflotte erneuern. Neben Streckenloks kamen auch Rangierloks auf die Reißbretter. Für den leichten Rangierdienst gab es etwa 500 Exemplare der Kleinloks der Typen Kö/Köf. Die modernsten, speziell für den leichten und mittelschweren Verschiebedienst beschafften Einheits-Dampflok-Baureihen BR 80 und 81 waren nur in einer bescheidenen Stückzahl von zusammen 27 Exemplaren vorhanden. Den schweren Rangierdienst more…
The Swiss electric locos Ce 6/8 III and Be 6/8 III are probably the most famous electric locos in the world. The first of the 33 locos (nick name “crocodile”) were delivered in 1919. Those locos delivered 1647 kW and reached a maximum speed of 65 km/h. The strong four –motor- units were used in heavy freight and passenger service. In the 1940s SBB modernized 13 locos (re-numbered to Be 6/8 II) with new motors to reach a maximum speed of 75 km/h. In 1977 last Be 6/8 quitted service.
Propeller rail car "Schienenzeppelin"; configurated for OLD VERSION oft he Schienenzeppelin please note: both motors controlled by one decoder (propeller via Aux 1 and 2 !); control of the seperate drive motor could be achieved by an extra LokPilot
The DB Class 82 was a goods train tank locomotive with the Deutsche Bundesbahn in Germany, that was built in the period after the Second World War and was intended for shunting and normal rail services. The engines were predominantly employed in the marshalling yards at Bremen and Hamm as well as on the harbour lines of Emden and Hamburg. The 82s could also be seen on normal railway duties on the steep inclines of the Westerwald and in the Black Forest on the Murg Valley Railway.
For famous Henschel-Wegmann-Zug German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG developed three-cylinder steam tank locomotive 61 002 in 1939. The high-speed loco developed 1450 HP and reached a maximum speed of 175 km/h. After WW II SR used the loco till 1958. In 1960 parts of the loco was used to design high-speed loco 18 201.
In 1959 German DR equipped 16 samples of three-cylinder steam loco 03.10 with new boilers similar to classes 22 and 41. The so-called Reko-03.10 developed 2350 HP and reached a maximum speed of 140 km/h. After receiving oil firing equipment the performance improved again, so the Reko 03.10 stayed in service till 1980. British railfans nick-named museum loco 03 1010 the “roaring monster”.