In 1912 Prussian State Railway ordered the first of 462 samples of the 4-6-4 saddle tank loco T18. The two-cylinder loco developed 1140 HP and reached a maximum speed of 100 km/h. The locos were used for passenger trains on main and branch lines and stayed in service until 1974.
Standard steam locomotive, type 4-6-2, 3 cylinders, coal version (for oil fired version, please use 54426)
German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG ordered 520 samples of steam locomotive BR 64 for light passenger duty in 1928. The successful two cylinder locos developed 950 HP and reached a maximum speed of 90 km/h. The locos were use on main and secondary lines and stayed in service until 1975.
German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG ordered 10 samples of four axle steam locomotive for shunting service in 1928. The two cylinder locos BR 81 developed 860 HP and reached a maximum speed of 45 km/h. In 1963 final loco quitted service at DB.
Zu Beginn der 1950er-Jahre musste die junge Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB) ihre Lokomotivflotte erneuern. Neben Streckenloks kamen auch Rangierloks auf die Reißbretter. Für den leichten Rangierdienst gab es etwa 500 Exemplare der Kleinloks der Typen Kö/Köf. Die modernsten, speziell für den leichten und mittelschweren Verschiebedienst beschafften Einheits-Dampflok-Baureihen BR 80 und 81 waren nur in einer bescheidenen Stückzahl von zusammen 27 Exemplaren vorhanden. Den schweren Rangierdienst more…
The Swiss electric locos Ce 6/8 III and Be 6/8 III are probably the most famous electric locos in the world. The first of the 33 locos (nick name “crocodile”) were delivered in 1919. Those locos delivered 1647 kW and reached a maximum speed of 65 km/h. The strong four –motor- units were used in heavy freight and passenger service. In the 1940s SBB modernized 13 locos (re-numbered to Be 6/8 II) with new motors to reach a maximum speed of 75 km/h. In 1977 last Be 6/8 quitted service.
The DB Class 82 was a goods train tank locomotive with the Deutsche Bundesbahn in Germany, that was built in the period after the Second World War and was intended for shunting and normal rail services. The engines were predominantly employed in the marshalling yards at Bremen and Hamm as well as on the harbour lines of Emden and Hamburg. The 82s could also be seen on normal railway duties on the steep inclines of the Westerwald and in the Black Forest on the Murg Valley Railway.