In the late 1950s German Deutsche Reichsbahn DR decided to modernize war-design freight locomotive BR 52. Around 200 samples received new boilers. The locos developed 1600 hp and reached a maximum speed of 80 km/h. With its axle load of only 16,3 tons the locos were used for freight and passenger trains even on branch lines.
With the five-way coupled G12, the Prussian KPEV developed the first largely standardized steam locomotive series. The 1540 hp and 65 km/h three-cylinder locomotives were delivered from 1917. Because of its good operating characteristics, the Baden (98 units), Saxon (42) and Württemberg state railways (43) also procured the G12. After the Second World War, the majority of the machines, now designated as BR 58.2-21, remained in what was later to become the GDR. The fact that the locomotives had more…
For famous Henschel-Wegmann-Zug German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG developed three-cylinder steam tank locomotive 61 002 in 1939. The high-speed loco developed 1450 HP and reached a maximum speed of 175 km/h. After WW II SR used the loco till 1958. In 1960 parts of the loco was used to design high-speed loco 18 201.
Two cylinder locos BR 62 had been developed by the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG) in the 1920s. With it’s good acceleration and a maximum speed of 100 km/h the tender locos had been used successfully in light fast train service in rolling country. The locos had been used in passenger service after WWII at DB and DR.
German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG ordered 520 samples of steam locomotive BR 64 for light passenger duty in 1928. The successful two cylinder locos developed 950 HP and reached a maximum speed of 90 km/h. The locos were use on main and secondary lines and stayed in service until 1975.
The BR 65 had been a completely new design of DB in 1951. The two cylinder loco had a maximum speed of 85 km/h and showed an excellent acceleration and tractive power. The BR 65 had been used for passenger trains in rolling country.
In 1912 Prussian State Railway ordered the first of 462 samples of the 4-6-4 saddle tank loco T18. The two-cylinder loco developed 1140 HP and reached a maximum speed of 100 km/h. The locos were used for passenger trains on main and branch lines and stayed in service until 1974.