In 1939 German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG received 1st of more than 3100 samples of 2-10-0 two-cylinder steam loco BR 50. The loco developed 1625 HP and reached a maximum speed of 80 km/h. With its axle load of just 15,2 tons the locos were used even on branch lines with light weight rails. Locos of DB quitted service in 1977, the DR locos were used for ten more years.
In 1959 German Deutsche Reichsbahn of GDR re-designed 1st of 208 samples of 2-10-0 two-cylinder steam loco BR 50. The Reko-50.35 loco developed 1760 HP and reached a maximum speed of 80 km/h. 50 samples were equipped with oil firing. With its axle load of just 15,4 tons the locos were used even on branch lines with light weight rails. In 1988 last remaining 50.35 went out of service.==> (oil burner instead coal shoveling sound selectable via CV48 = value 1) <==
Two cylinder steam locomotive BR 52 had been developed out of the BR 50 during WWII. With the maximum axle weight of only 15.4 tons and a maximum speed of 80 km/h the 52 had been used for freight and passenger service. After WWII few locos had remained at DB. At DR (GDR State Railway) and many other European state railways the locos stayed in service often till the 1980s.
Steam locomotive German Baureihe 58/ BR58.3, 3 cylinders; configurated for Gützold BR 58.3
For famous Henschel-Wegmann-Zug German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG developed three-cylinder steam tank locomotive 61 002 in 1939. The high-speed loco developed 1450 HP and reached a maximum speed of 175 km/h. After WW II SR used the loco till 1958. In 1960 parts of the loco was used to design high-speed loco 18 201.
Two cylinder locos BR 62 had been developed by the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG) in the 1920s. With it’s good acceleration and a maximum speed of 100 km/h the tender locos had been used successfully in light fast train service in rolling country. The locos had been used in passenger service after WWII at DB and DR.
German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG ordered 520 samples of steam locomotive BR 64 for light passenger duty in 1928. The successful two cylinder locos developed 950 HP and reached a maximum speed of 90 km/h. The locos were use on main and secondary lines and stayed in service until 1975.