The BR 65 had been a completely new design of DB in 1951. The two cylinder loco had a maximum speed of 85 km/h and showed an excellent acceleration and tractive power. The BR 65 had been used for passenger trains in rolling country.
In 1912 Prussian State Railway ordered the first of 462 samples of the 4-6-4 saddle tank loco T18. The two-cylinder loco developed 1140 HP and reached a maximum speed of 100 km/h. The locos were used for passenger trains on main and branch lines and stayed in service until 1974.
German Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft DRG ordered 10 samples of four axle steam locomotive for shunting service in 1928. The two cylinder locos BR 81 developed 860 HP and reached a maximum speed of 45 km/h. In 1963 final loco quitted service at DB.
The DB Class 82 was a goods train tank locomotive with the Deutsche Bundesbahn in Germany, that was built in the period after the Second World War and was intended for shunting and normal rail services. The engines were predominantly employed in the marshalling yards at Bremen and Hamm as well as on the harbour lines of Emden and Hamburg. The 82s could also be seen on normal railway duties on the steep inclines of the Westerwald and in the Black Forest on the Murg Valley Railway.
BR 85 had been develop for trains on steep grades by the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG) in 1932. Ten units of the 3 cylinder 2-10-2 had been built. They developed 1500 HP and reached a maximum speed of 80 km/h. In 1961 last sample of 85 quitted service at Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB).