In the late 1930s the German DRG wanted to increase the weight of freight trains. Therefor six axle E94 had been developed. During WWII 146 samples were built. The six motor locos develop 3300 kW and reach a maximum speed of 90 km/h. After the war 44 locos were overtaken by Austrian Railway OEBB, another 23 were refitted by DR of German Democratic Republic of Germany. After building some new locos till 1956 the DB used 124 locos for heavy freight service. Sometimes the locos could be seen also more…
For tourist travel the DRG ordered in 1935 two electric four axle railcars numbered elT 1998 (later numbered ET 91 01) and elT 1999. Most of its electrical equipment the railcars shared with older ET 25. After a change of gearing the railcars reached a maximum speed of 110 km/h (before 120 km/h). One of the two cars survived Second World War and had come to DB. Till the 1990s DB used the railcar (491 001) for tourist travels. After a crash in 1995 DB did not repair the car but gave it to a more…
Siemens Dispolok, "Eurosprinter ES 64 P", Sound for BR 127, BR 152, BR 182 and BR189, RENFE S 252 and CP LE5600
In 1929 Swiss narrow gauge railway Visp-Zermatt-Bahn VZ received five samples of four axle electric HGe 4/4 I. In 1939 a sixth, slightly improved loco followed. The locos were made for adhesion track (maximum speed 50 km/h) and cograil use (25 km/h).
For passenger service on narrow gauge lines with cograil sections Swiss State Railway SBB ordered 21 samples of four axle electric locos HGe 4/4 II. When operating on cograil tracks maximum speed is limited on 40 km/h, on adhesion lines are 100 km/h permitted. The locos pull for example the famous Glacier Express.
In 1972 Swiss narrow gauge Railway Furka-Oberalp-Bahn FO received five four axle electric locos with luggage compartment. The four motor locos developed 1032 kW and reached a maximum speed of 60 km/h in adhesion drive and 30 km/h using rack drive.