The DB Class 82 was a goods train tank locomotive with the Deutsche Bundesbahn in Germany, that was built in the period after the Second World War and was intended for shunting and normal rail services. The engines were predominantly employed in the marshalling yards at Bremen and Hamm as well as on the harbour lines of Emden and Hamburg. The 82s could also be seen on normal railway duties on the steep inclines of the Westerwald and in the Black Forest on the Murg Valley Railway.
For service on steep grades prussian state railway (KPEV) ordered 45 samples of 2-10-2 steam locos T20. Successor DRG re-numbered them for 95.0. The locos delivered 1620 HP and reach a maximum speed of 65 km/h. The powerful locos were used for short line passenger and freight service. After WW II 14 locos were used by DB till 1958. DR rebuilt 24 samples with oil firing equipment and used them till 1981.==> (oil burner instead coal shoveling sound selectable via CV48 = value 1) <==
In 1935 German manufacturer Borsig had delivered 4-6-4 steam locos 05 001 and 002 for Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft DRG for fast passenger service. 05 003 had been delivered in 1937 with cab forward design. After WW II DB rebuilt the locos without streamline body and used them till 1958.
The BR 119 (since 1990 BR 219) had been developed by Rumanian manufacturer „Lokomotivfabrik 23. August“ Bukarest as two motor diesel locomotive for the GDR state railway DR . The two traction motors delivered 1350 HP at 1500 rpm each and enabled the loco to reach a maximum speed of 120 km/h. For the use also on branch lines the six axle loco has a load per axle of 16 tons only. As the motors had been unreliable, the DR interchanged them with turbo charged 12 KVD motors of V180/BR 118 in the more…