Class 6400 of Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS) had been delivered by German Maschinenbau Kiel (MaK) from 1988 till 1994. The 120 locos develop 1180 kW at 1800 rpm and reach a maximum speed of 120 km/h. From 2007 till 2011 the four axle locos had been also used for cross border service to Germany.
Between 1956 and 1962 Orenstein & Koppel (O&K) had built 22 two axle locos for switching service in industrial plants. The hydraulic driven locos have a 12 cylinder Diesel motor with 200 HP and reach a maximum speed of 30 km/h. Some locos had been sold to foreign users, bust some are still in service for their owner since more than 50 years.
In 1958 and 1962 Austrian ÖBB received 18 samples of EMD-licensed version of Class G12 built by German manufacturer Henschel. The 12 cylinder 2-stroke diesel electric loco delivers 1520 HP at 835 RPM. ÖBB had used the four axle locos for freight and passenger service till 2004.
The V180 (Era IV BR 118, since 1990 BR 228) had been the first two motor diesel locomotive of the railway of GDR for medium main line service. The two turbo charged traction motors delivered 900 HP each and enabled the loco to reach a maximum speed of 120 km/h at 1500 RPM. For the use on branch lines the producer VEB Lokomotivbau “Karl Marx” developed a six axle version that shared the technical equipment with her four axle sister.
Between 1963 and 1992 Polish manufacturer Fablok built 1822 samples of hood style diesel electric freight loco SM 42. Additional 268 units (SP42) were ordered with steam heating boiler for passenger train service. The eight cylinder prime mover develops 800 HP and enables the loco to reach a maximum speed of 90 km/h.