In 1946 Swiss narrow gauge Rhaetian Railway RhB received three samples of electric shunting locos Te 2/2. The locos developed 230 kW and reached a maximum speed of 30 km/h. After at least 60 years in service, the locos were scrap between 2006 and 2008.
In 1913 Swiss narrow gauge railway Brig-Furka-Disentis-Bahn BFD ordered 13 samples of HG ¾ for cog railway. The locos deliver 440 kW and reach a maximum speed of 45 km/h in adhesion service and 20 km/h when operating in cog track.
In 1905 Swiss State Railway SBB ordered 69 samples of Two-cylinder steam locomotive B3/4 for medium mainline service. The locos delivered 990 HP and reached a maximum speed of 75 km/h. In 1964 #1367 was preserved by SBB as the last remaining loco of its kind. In 1945 Dutch State Railways NS purchased five locos of SBB.
In the early 1900s narrow gauge railway RhB of Switzerland needed stronger locos. Swiss locomotive manufacturer SLM Winterthur built 29 samples of 2-4-0 locos G 4/5. The locos deliver 800 HP and reach a maximum speed of 45 km/h. After electrification of the whole rail net RhB sold or scrapped the locos except for two samples that rest in Switzerland for snow clearance duty or for railfan trains.
Steam locomotive 4-cylinders, steam rotary snow plough of the rhaetian railways. served in the winter to clear the tracks of snow.